Product Details
- Product Dimensions: 4.6 x 3.5 x 2.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 4.8 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S.
- ASIN: B0009WXTX4
- Item model number: PXH227
Price : $69.41
You Save : $40.59 (37%)

Product Description
The Pulsar Story
Pulsar by Seiko Holdings Corporation.A spectacular breakthrough Pulsar was born in an age of optimism. In the 1970's, everything seemed achievable through the rapidly growing technological expertise at the world's fingertips. Space flight had been converted from dream to reality, computer science was developing at break neck speed and electronics seemed to deliver new advances every day. Pulsar symbolized the age. It was new and it was bold, it was surprising and it was different. Pulsar, the world's first electronic digital watch, created a sensation when it was unveiled in New York in 1972 and it changed the world's perception of time. A tradition of differenceWhen the brand was taken into the Seiko Corporation in 1980, it brought further surprises to the world; the first calculator watch in 1980 and the first all-quartz watch line in 1981 were among its industry-leading achievements. And throughout the '80's and 90's Pulsar continued to bring to market new products that were born to be different. The Avant-garde collection in 1980's set a new style in women's watches and Spoon in 1990's were unique designs which further cemented Pulsar's image as an ingenious and surprising watchmaker. Towards a modernist futureToday, Pulsar remains loyal to its heritage. It was born to be different and it will remain so. Each Pulsar watch has the hint of the futurism and modernity that have always been its hallmark. Pulsar is a brand for the individual who appreciates real value and seeks quality with individuality and flair.
This Pulsar men's stainless steel timepiece has a round, black dial with "Pulsar" located below 12:00. It features silver-tone stick index markers at 6, 9 and 12:00 with silver-tone dot index hour markers at all remaining hour positions except 3:00, where there is a date window. There are silver-tone hour, minute and seconds hands. This wristwatch has a seconds scale printed on its bezel and "100M Water Resistant" above 6:00. Bracelet: Black rubber Movement: Seiko Quartz Crystal: Hardlex Crown: Push/Pull Clasp: Buckle Bracelet Measurements: 8-1/2"L x 25mm W Case Measurements: 41mm Water Resistance: 10atm - 100m - 330ft Model Number: PXH227 Warranty: Three year limited warranty provided by Seiko Corporation of America Additional Features: Watch comes packaged in a Pulsar watch box with instruction manual and warranty information.
See all Product Description
Pulsar Men's PXH227 Sport Watch

Customer Reviews
Once the band is changed it is a great, comfortable watch. It is a decent sized watch for a 7 inch wrist. Second hand lines up perfectly. Bezel ring rotates very smoothly and is nice and snug with no play. It is the about the same dimensions of my Tag Heuer Aqua Racer. My wife would not let me change the metal band on my tag for a rubber one, so I bought this inexpensive watch instead. If you are thinking about getting the Casio Mako(cheap feeling, lots of play in the bezel ring), I will say that this is a much higher quality watch for just a little bit more. This is in the same league as my Seiko Pepsi Diver with regards to quality. Even though it says Pulsar on it, it might as well be a Seiko. Seikos are some of the highest quality inexpensive watches. The Lume is as bright as my Seiko Divers watch was. The crystal is slightly recessed, which is nice. Nice clean face and hands with similar styling to the seiko divers watches. The watch is very comfortable on the wrist- it rests nicely without a lot of jiggling around on the wrist, which is nice.
Downsides? Nothing is perfect. I was going to try to endure the strap that came on the watch. I lasted about an hour before I ran out to the local watch store for a replacement. The stock strap actually made red indentations into my wrist. It is sharp and cruel. Hence the four star rating. The new strap fixed all of that. I bought a nice black rubber strap with white stitching that makes the watch look more expensive than it is. The only real down side is the strap.
If I wanted to be really picky I could complain about the lack of a 200 meter rating, but I only swim on the top 1 meter of the water, usually. Or I could nitpick that does not have a screw down crown, or that the crown is not fancy. The bezel ring does not have a clearly identifiable marker at the 12 o'clock position- the 12 o'clock position looks almost the same as 3, 6 and 9 . The back of the watch is flat and unimpressive. But who looks at the back of a watch? The watch might not be as finished as my Tag Heuer, but it is good for the price.
The only other potential down side is that this watch was probably manufactured in 2006, which was about 5 years ago. So either the battery is going to be dead real soon, or else they already replaced the battery.
I think that the price reduction is probably because they have a lot on hand. Many people have probably bought ecodrive watches instead. Would I have liked the fancier Citizen ecodrive instead? Yes, but not for [...] more. If this lasts me 4 years before I am sick of it then I will have gotten my money's worth.
Overall great knock around watch. Just don't bother at all with the strap- plan on changing it right away.
I got this one for my friend. Looks kind of "manly", the dial is big and you actually feel it on your hand. A good choice indeed. This model is actually a modified version of another model(PF3293) by the same company which is priced at about $90. Needless to say that the other one is much more stylish but then this model saved you about 40 bucks and comes with just a little compromise on that guys kinda casual-flair.
I would say this watch is certainly worth its price. So, go for it if you are running tight on your budget but if you can spare another $40 the other model is definitely a better choice. Someone else talked about the flimsy strap, I have'nt really had any problems with that.
Pulsar Men's PXH227 Sport Watch


0 comments:
Post a Comment